Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Submissions 3

I have been a little preoccupied with other adventures, etc and I have not had time to update with more submissions, sorry.  I haven't had many.  My little sister gave me a bag of clothes to give to our parents to take to D.I. (a Goodwill equivalent store) and I jumped on that before it made it to my car.  Then another friend who lives about 50 minutes South of me had some donations but no way to get them to me, so when I was South of her the other day I swung by and added to my collection...so here goes:

The blue skirt: courtesy of my sister, Holly.  Actually, I should say ME because this used to be MY skirt, then it was I think my roommate Sarah's, then Holly's.  Actually, recently I was wondering what had happened to this skirt...now I know!  It must have been one of the skirts I gave up on ever wearing again after having Jerimiah.  ANYWAY, I'm glad it's back in my life, I really love it...

EXCEPT for the fact that it doesn't zip up all the way, the zipper seems to be stuck...I'll figure out a way to fix that.

The Pink Skirt.  Again, another Holly donation.  I think this is the skirt Holly wore under her graduation gown when she graduated high school.  It's a high waist skirt with a few issues:

Issue 1: Belt loops where there USED to be a belt which no longer is here

Issue 2: a big hole at the bottom of the zipper on the outside (back) of the skirt

Issue 3: The lining (especially around the zipper) is just shredded!  This one will be fun, I don't wear much pink but this is a cute skirt.

Black Shrug/Sweater (again) Holly.  Thinking it needs maybe a color belt or a color button, not much, I think it's really cute as is.

Yellow Shirt (Holly).  I really like this yellow shirt.  The V-neck is a little low and the bottom is a little tight (around the Momma hips) so I have plans for that!

Close up!

Miscellaneous T-Shirts (from Holly).  Note one has a hole in the bottom.  The shoe T-Shirt showed up twice but I like that shirt and I think it'll serve a wonderful purpose!


Flower neck shirt (Holly).  I really love the colors of this!  In fact, I think an idea just popped into my mind using this shirt and the next outfit!

Shirt Dress (Holly).  I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a shirt dress...you know one that you wear with leggings...I think I might pair up the flower neck shirt with this and come up with a neat little outfit!

Pink Flowy Skirt, from my friend, Amanda.  This is a really pretty skirt, and I love the color.  It comes complete with bells attached to the front tie (those might be annoying and might need to be removed) but this skirt has one BIG problem!

Two little boys found a permanent marker!

I have a few ideas on how to "cover" this up...stay tuned!

White Cami (Amanda): the material is wonderful and will come in very handy with other shirt makeovers

Makeovers that don't require the pink stained arm pits to show! :-)

Navy Blue Polo (Amanda) GREAT ideas on how to jazz this shirt up!

Dark Jeans (Amanda).  They're a little big for me PLUS they have a few flaws:

Flaw 1: huge rips in the right leg inseam

Flaw 2: the left side is close behind the right side in rips!

Light Jeans (Amanda): again a little too big for me but I think I have plans that include the dark and light jeans together!

Kinda have the 80's feel to them with the big hole in the right thigh

AND the almost peek-a-boo crotch area...literally hanging in there by a few threads!

FINAL submission for this post:

The "Butt-less Dickies" (Amanda).  When Amanda gave me these she explained they were for her husband but that they were designed for someone with literally NO BUTT!  Well, since I have a butt (maybe not like J-Lo) they might not be "wearable" as is for me either...maybe I'll come up with something with them...we'll see, wheels turning.

KEEP THE SUBMISSIONS COMING!  Just a few more months left in 2010 to prepare for my 52 weeks of sewing in 2011!

THANK YOU to everyone who has helped so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment