Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Sewing Corner

Let me introduce you to my sewing corner...BEFORE and AFTER my new sewing table and machine.

Here is what my sewing area started out like when I first set it up in my apartment.  It's in the corner in my bedroom and it's a nice little spot.

THIS is what that spot has turned into!  YIKES!  I guess you can tell where I've started spending a lot more time


Here it is NOW:


Having the stronger/smaller sewing table actually gives me more room.  It also gives me storage AND I now have a cutting table...the folding table I used before slides between the wall and my bed and I can just pull it out when I need it!  I think this corner looks a lot better.  The thread board on the floor to the left of the table will eventually be hung up too.

Now to officially introduce my new sewing machine!

I am a little scared of it right now...I need to practice on it and make sure I will be able to sew properly with it without screwing things up but I am excited!

My grandma (Grammy) is a cute lady.  I really love her.  She likes to label things and keep seemingly worthless items just for fun (I guess).  Actually, I think she does a lot of it so she doesn't forget and if anything happened to her others would know what to do with things.  Well, when I was going through all the boxes she gave me of sewing stuff, first I found this:

It reads: "An extra button for Cathy's Easter dress 1971" --Cathy is my Aunt Cathy!  I think it's sweet and funny that after all these years (almost 40 years) we found that extra button!  I mailed it to my Aunt, I thought she might like to have it.

But I really enjoy this...it came with the sewing machine:

The original invoice from when my Grammy bought her sewing machine on September 8, 1980 for $199.  She bought this machine 4 years before I was even born and for a LOT of money!  I think this is a really precious piece of information.  If I ever have a daughter to pass this machine down to I hope she treasures this little "note" as much as I do.

Anyway, that's all for my post today.  My brain is just so anxious to get my project started...however, I really need to wait until January so I can do a full calendar year...starting on an odd month will just be akward.

So, as always, stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you continue sewing, and showing your stuff. Great sewing corner.

    ReplyDelete