Thursday, September 23, 2010

SECRET Project

I am writing this post on Sunday, September 19th and it should publish on Thursday, September 23rd.  I have been working on a surprise sewing project since June that I haven't been able to share with anyone until now.  Let me explain why...one of my BEST friends from High School, Ashely, is getting married this weekend, September 25th and until last night (9/22) she didn't know I was coming!  I will post details about the "surprise" when I have them (after it's occurred) but I cannot WAIT to show y'all the dress I have made for the wedding.  Originally I was supposed to be IN the wedding but not knowing if I was going to be able to make it or not I had to decline...so I transformed one of my high school formal dresses (that I made) into a bridesmaid appropriate dress and maybe I might still be in the wedding...it's just a slightly different shade green than the other dresses.

Anyway...here is the BEFORE:

Here's a picture of me in High School wearing the dress (can't find a full length picture right now):


Here is the after:


I cut 18" of the bottom.  Used that fabric to add fabric to the top, made a new jacket, and added thicker shoulder straps and a tan tshirt to wear under the jacket.

SIDE BY SIDE FRONT:

SIDE BY SIDE BACK:



I really wish I could have lost the last 10 pounds I really wanted to loose but I think it looks good, all things considered...I originally made this dress in 2000 or 2001 (I believe) so basically 10 years and a child later I am just impressed it fits!

I hope you enjoyed me sharing this secret project with  you...it was REALLY hard for me to keep it a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment